Overview of a sole representative/representative of an Overseas Business Visa: You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.


How Long you can stay:

You can come to the UK for an initial period of 3 years.

You may be able to extend your visa for another 2 years.

After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, then you are eligible to apply for permanent settlement .i.e Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Eligibility Requirements:

To be eligible for this visa you must:

  • apply from outside the EEA
  • have enough money to support yourself without help from public funds
  • meet the English Requirement.


Sole Representatives:

If you are willing to apply for a sole representative visa to come to the UK then:

  • be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
  • have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
  • hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
  • intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary

You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that doesn’t employ staff or transact business.

If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.

For more information contact us, offices in London & Cardiff