A) Money Claims: You as a claimant can take a court action against someone who owes you money and won’t pay. This is known as making a court claim.
It can also be known as taking someone to a ‘small claims court’.

Calculating interest under the County Court Act:

Work out the yearly interest: take the amount you’re claiming and multiply it by 0.08 (i.e. 8% – this will equal 8% of the amount claimed).

2. Work out the daily interest: divide the yearly interest from step 1 by 365 (the number of days in a year).

3. Work out the total amount of interest: multiply the daily interest from step 2 by the number of days the debt has been overdue.

For example, if you were owed £1,000:

– the annual interest would be £80 (1000 x 0.08 = 80)

– divide £80 by 365 to get the daily interest: about 22p a day (80 / 365 = 0.22)

– after 25 days this would be £5.50 (25 x 0.22 = 5.50)

B) Claims against builders:

C) Contractual Claims:

D) Claim against Landlord: